Friday 26 June 2015

Reader Tip: How We Literally “Cut” Our Spending

4458162649_17847913cd

The following is a reader tip from Leah of Life Around the Coffee Cup:

When we look at our budgets so often we think it’s about cutting coupons or cutting line items, like cable or eating out. However, my family and I have saved over $1200 over the past 3 years — and we didn’t have to cut coupons, cut back, or even cut a line item out of our budget.

Instead, we made literal “cuts” in order to reduce our spending!

I cut my family’s hair!

I’m not a professional, but after some guidance from my husband on what he wanted, I was able to cut his hair without any trouble. This last year I even confidently helped him navigate changing to a new style. I also cut my son and daughter’s hair.

I usually get mine cut with a coupon, gift certificate, or by a friend.

We also cut t-shirts into reusable disinfecting wipes, cut flour sack bags into reusable “paper” towels, cut surplus veggies and fruit into small chunks for the freezer, and cut raggedy jeans into upcycled shorts.

When it comes to our budgets, we can get pretty creative with cutting. And all of it is a really good way to accomplish a goal (like becoming debt-free) or to take on a money-saving lifestyle.

Do you literally cut anything to help with your budget? If so, I’d like to know what! 

photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment