Monday 26 October 2015

Q&A: “How can I start a business even if I don’t have a lot of extra money to invest in it?”

In the words of Theodore Roosevelt, “Do what you can with what you have where you are.”

I’m a firm believer in avoiding debt, especially when starting a business. Pouring thousands of dollars of loans into a business before you can afford it is never a good idea.

This is why I’m a huge advocate of growing your income before you grow your expenses. For example, when I started my online business, we could not even afford Internet. I got creative and signed up for a 3-month trial for AOL dial-up Internet.

Every time I called to cancel my service before the trial was up, they wouldn’t let me. For over two years, they let me keep my slow Internet for free. I was SO excited when the day finally arrived that I could pay for Internet!

Sure, this means there will be sacrifices to make in the beginning, but it will be so worth it later on when you don’t have a huge pile of debt to face.

Looking for more tips & advice? Sign up for my FREE 5-day How I Make a Full-Time Income From Home course!

No comments:

Post a Comment