Wednesday 14 October 2015

On the Road Again

A friend at my church told me about Dave Ramsey's radio show. I listened and was really hooked. I have been studying financial subjects since age 15. I loved Dave's program. I bought his book the total money makeover. I checked the library to see if they had any of his books and they had some. I read and read. The more I read the more I wanted to read. I got on my parents nerves talking about Dave Ramsey. I talked my parents into sponsoring me and my wife to go to our first FPU class. The FPU class was at another local church. For me it was great but for my wife it was torture. I drug her into doing it. That was 2012. Life continued to happen. In 2015 we attended our present class at the same church. We went for free because we were lifetime members. All the while I was researching on Dave's website. We had been having money fights and problems. We had been dealing with bills. School loans particularly. My school loan is huge. It was then 75,000 dollars but at last count it is now over 82,000 dollars. Me wife told me at first we don't need to attend FPU again because it's just going to be the same. But it was even better this time than last time. We meet new people and were encouraged even more this time. We found some of our fire that we lost after the first time. My wife and I planned that we will finish step one one month after we finish FPU. That's all we can do right now. My health is not the best and neither is hers. I am 43 with 5 preexisting conditions. Bipolar, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Blood Pressure and Thyroid. She has TMJ and lymphderma. And she is 38. She wants to have kids badly and I'm not sure we can afford right now. We are 240,000 in debt including our house. We have good days and bad days. She has put me in charge of the bills. I answer the bill letters and with God's help I do the best that I can to pay them all with what we have. I get tired but the stories of WE did it help to encourage us. Dave your ministry is just incredible. I watch the video clips on youtube. I listen to your podcasts. I want to be a millionaire. I'm not sure that my wife does. However she wants to spend a million dollars I know that. I go to sleep reading your materials. TMMO and Financial Peace. Sometimes I wake up and put on the Financial Peace CD's from 2008. I'm a huge fan. I'm always talking about you and what Dave says. I have to be really tired not to be motivated to talk about Dave and money. I am the nerd (Saver) in case you didn't know and my wife is the Free Spirit. (Spender). The only thing I really spend on is books. I love to read about finance. I am a preacher/ musician and wife is a teacher assistant. We don't make a lot of money. In a year we make about 40,000 dollars gross. So when you have stories that say you can make on any income that really helps us. From Dave Ramsey to Chris Hogan that really helps us. We have our times but overall I am glad that we are on the road again. Me and my wife are communicating on money and it's making our marriage better. I have made all types of plans, being the nerd, about how we will progress through the baby step from age 43 to 65. I could not afford to hire one of Dave's financial coaches so I tried to coach myself. I wrote up a plan for us. I did. I wanted to become a coach and fly down to Nashville and take the class. One I could not afford it right now and TWO my Bipolar scares me to death of taking a risk like that and trying to travel to a big city by myself. When I was first diagnosed with Bipolar I went to Charlotte NC by myself before I knew better and Had a good time bad time being a little out of my mind and not on medicine but it scares me now of thinking what could have happened. Now that I've been on medicine for the last 18 years it makes me afraid to take a chance on myself. I try not to travel without my wife. She is my caretaker. She drives for me a lot of the time. Although I can drive I don't try to drive out of town by myself usually. But I enjoy Dave Ramsey so much that I might take a chance if he was coming some where close like Raleigh, NC. I just wish I could become debt-free and then become a decamillionaire. My wife would be able to spend and help others. We could help our church. She could retire from her job and have kids. We could travel and vacation. I could do the things I read about in my books. I could sponsor my parents the way they have sponsored us. I could pay for mom and dad to go a hotel in a nice place to get away from the grind of ministry. Mom could order room service. Dad could explore the city. I would pay off my parents house and my brother's house. It would be a dream come true. Well we are truly at it again. We plan not to give up this time. We have hope that because others have done it and greater that we eventually will do it. Dave says that if you do poor people stuff long enough eventually you get to be poor. But if you do rich people stuff long enough eventually you get to be rich. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment