Friday 25 March 2016

Unleavened Bread, Coloring Posters, & Some Thoughts on Celebrating Easter Weekend

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.02.43 PM


Inspired by the recipe in my She Reads Truth study book this week, we made Unleavened Bread today.


Well, I say “we”, but it was actually mostly just Kaitlynn. I mentioned wanting to make it and she asked if she could see the recipe.


Easter -- Making Unleavened Bread


Once she saw how easy it was, she jumped right into making it — and she did an amazing job and needed very little help from me.


Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.11.28 PM


Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.11.53 PM


It’s pretty incredible to have kids who are old enough to read recipes and who love to cook… Because then my great intentions of doing fun projects with them in the kitchen actually happen most of the time — without a whole lot of effort on my part!!


Easter Weekend


We also had so much fun working on these huge coloring posters from Illustrated Children’s Ministry! My kids thought they were SO cool and we smiled and laughed together while listening to music, coloring, and talking.


Some thoughts on Easter Weekend


Some Thoughts on Easter Weekend Celebrations


Multiple times, my kids exclaimed, “I just LOVE these posters and it’s so fun to be lying on the floor coloring together!” And it made me so happy.


Even though Good Friday is traditionally thought of as a dark day, I’ve been thinking about how it is actually one of the most glorious days… Because it is through Christ’s death and resurrection that we have LIFE. Abundant LIFE! I want my kids to grasp a little taste of that.


Easter -- Unleavened Bread


Speaking of Easter, to me, these words above are the most powerful three words in the Bible, the most life-changing words for each of us who are followers of Christ.


He paid it all so that we don’t have to spend our lives carrying around the weight of our sins, striving for perfection, trying to be a better person, chasing after doing what is right.


Instead, we can rest in His finished work on the Cross. He didn’t come to give us rules and regulations to follow; He gave Himself… so that we might be free. Free to live in the fullness of joy that only He can give.


Let’s live our lives in gratitude and joy today because “it is finished!”


No comments:

Post a Comment