Tuesday 17 February 2015

Little Big Girl Room Inspiration: Jenny Lind Bed

The plan has always been to move Aggie from her little nursery into the guest room once she got a bit older. I had thought I'd be doing it around her second birthday but because of some good advice and general distractedness, I haven't gotten around to tackling the project. She sleeps very well in her crib (so I won't be moving her until that phase is over) but her nursery days are definitely numbered.


I'm in no rush so I hope you don't mind me blabbering on about this project for a while. I did a quick sketch about layout a few months ago but I've already changed my mind on a few of the elements - most notably I'm thinking a black + white color scheme with and hand drawn mural on the far wall would be a fun way to keep the room whimsical without going too crazy with the kid stuff.


I've gotten a little obsessed with having a Jenny Lind bed. I figured it would be easy enough to find something vintage but it turns out that all of the old turned spindle beds are no longer a standard size (requiring a custom mattress and bedding which I'm so not interested in bothering with). The only place I've spotted a new one is at Land of Nod but I'm hemming and hawing about whether its worth the splurge. Has anyone seen a cheaper version of this bed or should I just make the investment on a solid piece of furniture?

Other than that I plan on leaving some open play space and some storage/display but don't want to overwhelm the room with much else. That way it can change as she grows and has her own preferences. Any other suggestions on what I should be thinking building into a little girls room?


No comments:

Post a Comment